For some while now, SARS have been harassing young men in Nigeria and we don’t see that stopping anytime soon.
Why we won’t blame them sometimes is because they end up arresting the guilty ones but how do we isolate ourselves from such harassment if we are innocent?
Here are 8 things you MUST do to avoid SARS/Police harassment, and take note of No 4:
1. Dress Modestly:
Inasmuch as you want to speak on freedom of dressing, you should also remember the saying that “The way you dress is the way you will be addressed”.
These SARS officials are working with what they see as well as other information.
Walking the street in a sagged trousers and dreadlocks with earrings and some “bling-blings” has placed you on a watch list already.
2. Stop Smoking We*d In Public:
We all know w*ed is not legalized in Nigeria even though we see people smoke it in open places which is a default in the Nigeria Legal system.
We must understand that smoking we*d is a sure sign that you are how notorious you can be in the society we live.
So this has automatically place you on watch list.
3. Stop Visiting Cyber Cafe At Night:
Why would any sane person be visiting the Cyber Cafe at night in a country where cyber crime is a top list crime?
Even as students, you should have a time limit for your researches online.
These SARS officials also parade at night and Cyber Cafe are top places they visit.
4. Always Go Out With An Identity Card:
As an adult, you should have either a working ID Card or any of National ID Card, Driver’s License, Voter Card or International Passport with you for identification. This will save yourself the embarrassment.
5. Avoid Staying In A Room With More Than 2 People Operating A Laptop:
This is just common sense. Whatever you are doing, just don’t try this.
Where two or more guys are operating laptop in a room, maga is definitely paying somewhere. Be wise and think twice.
6. Be Polite With A SARS Officer During Interrogation:
Inasmuch as you know your right as a citizen, you should also respond to questions politely.
As long as you have you have your ID Cards and no evidence of being a criminal, then no one will harass you.
7. Stay Away Yourself From Criminals:
Do I need to elaborate on this? I guess not. Be wise
8. Avoid Fighting On The Street:
This one is just a quick way to land in Police net especially when the fight gets intense.
What Do You Have To Say To This?
- BBNaija 2020: Laycon declared winner
- [Mixtape] DJ UTB – Pizzy Banger Mix
- BBNaija: “If I Survive Eviction, I Will Win The Competition” – Kiddwaya Tells Big Brother
- BBNaija: I Will Love To Invest In Your Music – Kiddwaya To Laycon
- “Jesus turned water to wine because he was a baller” – Cubana Chief Priest
- You Are Nigeria’s ‘Divider-in-chief’, Presidency Replies Obasanjo
- SPIRAL MEDIA PREDICTION!! Which Among These 4 BBNaija Housemates Will Be Going Home Tonight?
- LET’S END THIS!! Burna Boy Or Davido, Who’s Currently The Real ODOGWU, Champion Of Afrobeat?
- “Jay Israel, You’re doomed. Nigeria is not South Africa; Your boys have been arrested.”- Prophet Gideon Isah Lambasts Jay Israel Snr. in viral video
- Nigeria To Replace National Identity Card With Digital Number – Isa Pantami
DJ Mix6 days ago
[Mixtape] DJ UTB – Pizzy Banger Mix
News3 weeks ago
Nigeria To Replace National Identity Card With Digital Number – Isa Pantami
News3 weeks ago
Buhari, Family Under Fire For Breaching CBN Act, NCDC Guideline At Hanan’s Wedding
Entertainment3 weeks ago
#BBNaija: “My Son Kiddwaya Does Not Need The N85million – Terry Waya
News1 year ago
5 Renowned Weed Smokers In The Nigerian Music Industry
News3 weeks ago
“Jay Israel, You’re doomed. Nigeria is not South Africa; Your boys have been arrested.”- Prophet Gideon Isah Lambasts Jay Israel Snr. in viral video
News1 month ago
Hushpuppi’s trial to begin in October
Entertainment4 weeks ago
Falz reacts to Lagos government implementation of 5 percent levy on all audio and visual content